Components of a Completed Application
A completed application for any School of Education program includes:
- Graduate Application Form: This includes a two- to three-page (500–750 words) statement of purpose. Program-specific prompts are provided on the Supplemental Application Form.
- Supplemental Application Form: This is integrated into the online application, but applicants must select the appropriate supplemental application form if submitting a hard copy application.
- Transcripts: Applicants must submit one official transcript from each post-secondary institution attended toward receipt of a bachelor's degree. Transcripts may be sent directly from the school(s) attended or provided by the applicant in sealed envelopes.
- Recommendations: The School of Education requires at least two but suggests submitting three recommendations; at least one should come from an academic source and at least one should come from a relevant practitioner. Online applicants should note that recommenders will not be emailed the online recommendation forms until you have submitted your electronic application and your application fee payment has cleared. In the interest of time, you may ask recommenders to send their letters of recommendation directly to the Office of Graduate Admissions via the PDF form provided on our website, or by email, as instructed below. For all applicants, we will accept recommendations that use just the form provided, the form in combination with an attached letter, or are submitted as a separate letter on letterhead stationary with a clear indication of the applicant's name and program.
- Application Fee: Please make the $50 credit card payment with an online application, or submit a $50 check or money order to "Mills College" with a hard copy application.
Individual Program Requirements
To learn about the course work, background, and/or testing required to apply to each of our programs, please visit the following pages:
All printed application materials should be mailed to:
Office of Graduate Admissions
5000 MacArthur Blvd.
Oakland, CA 94613
All electronic application materials should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special Instructions for Current Mills Students or Mills Alumni
Current Mills students or alumnae/i may submit an unofficial copy of their Mills transcript, downloadable from the Mills Resource Portal. Please contact the Office of Graduate Admissions at email@example.com for further questions regarding transcripts.
Current Mills students or alumnae/i may also qualify for an application fee waiver. Please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.