Components of a Completed Application
A completed application for any School of Education program includes:
- Graduate application for admission, including a two- to three-page (500–750 words) statement of purpose.
- Supplemental application for appropriate program
- One official transcript with grades from each post-secondary institution attended toward receipt of bachelor's degree sent directly from the school attended or provided by the applicant in sealed envelopes
- Three recommendations (using the form provided, the form in combination with an attached letter, or submitted as a separate letter with a clear indication of the applicant's name and program; at least one should come from an academic reference and at least one should come from a relevant practitioner)
- Application fee of $50, payable by check or money order to Mills College. (Credit card payments are accepted for online application submissions.)
Please note that we interview most applicants, either in person or by phone. We will contact you to schedule an appointment once your application file is complete.
There may be additional application components for particular programs, so please refer to Individual Program Requirements, below.
Online Applicants: Please note that the supplemental application form is integrated into the online application, as the last page, and is therefore not required again via hard copy. Also, your recommenders will not be emailed the online recommendation forms until you have submitted your application and your application fee payment via credit card or electronic check has cleared. You may request for them to send their letters of recommendation prior to this via the PDF form provided on our website.
All printed application materials should be mailed to:
Office of Graduate Admissions
5000 MacArthur Blvd.
Oakland, CA 94613
All electronic application materials should be sent via email to email@example.com.
Special Instructions for Current Mills Students or Mills Alumni
Current Mills students or alumnae/i may submit an unofficial copy of their Mills transcript, downloadable from the Mills Resource Portal. Please contact the Office of Graduate Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org for further questions regarding transcripts.
Current Mills students or alumnae/i may also submit just one recommendation form, according to College policy. However, we recommend that you submit at least two, if not three, letters of recommendation in order to provide faculty with a complete file for their review.
Current Mills students or alumnae/i may also qualify for an application fee waiver. Please send a request to email@example.com.
Individual Program Requirements
To learn about the course work, background, and/or testing required to apply to each of our programs, please visit the following pages: