The Center for Socially Responsible Business at Mills College is a hub of ideas, people, resources and possibilities. All come together here to learn how to turn market forces on to the problems of social and environmental injustice.
At the Center we:
- Create learning opportunities for our MBA students to grow their business expertise in social ventures
- Partner with local social ventures and support organizations to deliver conferences, workshops, classes and other events, both here at Mills, and in the community
- Bring together and connect people and organizations to build a strong ecosystem in Oakland and the East Bay
- Publish research, news and reports that further the conversation about organizations striving to make a strong financial return while they have a positive social or environmental impact
If you’d like to hear more about our programs, or about upcoming events, please follow us on Twitter (CSRBMills) or email us at email@example.com.
Mark your calendars now for these future events!
Monday, February 11, 6:00pm – 7:00pm
Two innovative financial organizations that fund domestic social ventures will explore how they assess impact in their clients, from financial, social and environmental aspects.
The event is free, but registration is required. Register here.
Friday, March 15, all day
Join us for an entire day of fascinating talks about how social ventures think about, measure and report the impacts they’re making.
- Confirmed Keynote: Leila Janah, CEO/Founder, Samasource
20 others speakers to be announced shortly!
Visit us online at our student blog, The Soulful MBA, and on our Net Impact Facebook page.
The Center for Socially Responsible Business is made possible through a generous grant from the Elfenworks Foundation.