Order personalized graduation announcements, thank you cards, rings and other graduation related items from Herff Jones.
If you do not want to order personalized announcements, but still wish to send a more formal announcement, the Mills College Bookstore now has nice quality blank announcements in stock. They come with an insert that provides the date and time of Commencement.
Finally, if you prefer to send an informal information sheet about Commencement activities, you can use the "Family & Friends Commencement Invitation" found under You and Your Guests on this website.
All graduating undergraduate and graduate students marching in the Mills College 128th Commencement ceremony on Saturday, May 14, 2016 are required to wear regalia:
- BA—bachelor robe, oxford cap, white and gold hood with white band
- BS—bachelor robe, oxford cap, white and gold hood with gold band
- Pre-Nursing Certificate—bachelor robe, no cap, no hood
- MA—Master robe, mortarboard, white and gold hood with white band
- MBA—Master robe, mortarboard, white and gold hood with beige band
- MFA—Master robe, mortarboard, white and gold hood with chocolate brown band
- MPP—Master robe, mortarboard, white and gold hood with peacock blue band
- Pre-med Certificate—Master robe, mortarboard, black tassel, no hood
- Credential—Master robe, mortarboard, black tassel, no hood
- EdD—Doctoral robe, oxford cap, white and gold hood with light blue band
Options for Obtaining Regalia
Online orders can be placed at Herff Jones and will be accepted through March 29, 2016. If you have questions about online orders, please contact Herff Jones at 800.837.4235 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Regalia will be available for purchase at the Bookstore beginning April 1.
Borrowing Regalia from the Robe Bank
A limited amount of regalia is available to borrow at no charge from the Division of Student Life Robe Bank.
- Regalia is available on a first come, first served basis and requests will be accepted through March 31. Please use your Mills login at Robe Bank Spring 2016 to make your request. If you experience problems with this link, please email email@example.com.
- Due to the high volume of requests, confirmation of availability will be sent within two weeks of request receipt.
- Reserved Robe Bank regalia will be available for pickup at the Rothwell Center Monday, May 9 through Friday, May 13 at the Rothwell Center. Space negotiations are still in discussion, so a full schedule including location and times will be sent as soon as details are finalized.
- Collection stations to return or donate regalia will be available at the Commencement ceremony at the Tea Shop steps, the Art Museum, and the intersection of Kapiolani and Richards Roads.
- Student's accounts will be charged for regalia not returned to the Robe Bank, which may result in delay of transcripts and diploma.