- For those who cannot attend Commencement in person, we offer a live streaming webcast of the full ceremony beginning at 9:45 am. Visit www.mills.edu/webcast for additional information and webcast viewing tips. Video playback of the full ceremony and video clips of the speeches will be viewable online shortly after the Commencement ceremony has concluded.
- Please note that seating tickets are not required for the Commencement ceremony and there is no limit on the number of guests graduating students may invite. Families may sit in any open seating area. Ushers will be on hand to direct and assist our guests. For more details, read the You and Your Guests section of this website.
- Remember, a crowd of nearly 3,500 is anticipated for this event. Please allow plenty of time for parking. Extra officers will be on hand to direct traffic and many areas that are not traditionally parking areas will be temporarily converted. Shuttles and golf carts will go back and forth between these areas and Holmgren Meadow for guest convenience.
- In the unlikely event of emergency, listen to the announcer for instructions and note your seating location. Security staff will be wearing yellow vests and will direct you using ramps and walkways, as needed. Please follow the directives of security staff, police, and medical personnel. In addition, paramedics will be stationed with an ambulance near the front of the Natural Sciences Building, which is behind the seating area.
- Although Mills College does not anticipate any security problems during Commencement, we are constantly monitoring the events to protect the safety and security of our guests. Please observe the following restrictions for all Commencement activities on the Mills College campus.
No firearms, knives, explosives, fireworks, or other weapons
No large signs, flags, poles, banners, or laser pointers
No sharp and/or pointed objects (scissors, knitting needles, box cutters, etc.)
No air horns
No alcohol of any kind
All Commencement venues have the authority to prohibit any other items deemed to be a security risk.
These policies are subject to change without notice.