WELCOME TO MILLS
Congratulations on your admission to Mills College! We think the best way to decide if you will be joining the Mills College incoming class is to visit campus and spend some time with us. Making the transition from high school or community college student to enrolled Mills woman is exciting, and we can guide you through the process.
For Fall 2013 Semester Admitted Students
To Do Right Now
- Reserve your place at Admitted Student Preview Day on Sunday-Monday, April 14-15 and Admitted Student Advising Day on Wednesday, May 22, 2013.
- Set up an individual campus visit.
- Attend a local reception to meet an Admission Counselor and Mills alumnae in person. Email us to find out if we are coming to your area.
- Email Undergraduate Admission to have a current Mills student contact you.
- "Like" the Mills Admission Facebook page.
- Send in your enrollment deposit. You may mail your check with the enrollment card included in your acceptance packet, or click on the link in your acceptance email.
- Send us your official final high school or college transcript by July 1, 2013.
- Activate your Mills computing account and complete the Mills "Self-Guided Computer Orientation."
- Complete all Financial Aid requirements outlined in your Financial Aid Award Letter.
- Explore A Student's Guide to Mills College to get inside tips about Mills.
- Apply for housing and pay your housing deposit so you can get a great room!
- Accept your financial aid award.
- Check your email for the orientation, housing, advising and billing materials that will be sent to you over the summer.
- Take your placement exams online for English, math, science, or language, if appropriate.
- Make your first tuition payment (due Wednesday, August 1, 2013).
- Submit a digital photo for your student identification card.
- Plan your trip to Mills and pack.
- Sign up for orientation events.
Orientation (begins Tuesday, August 27, 2013)
- Submit your Confirmation of Semester Attendance online, beginning 9:00 am on Monday, August 12, 2013.
- Move in to your residence hall (beginning 9:00 am on Saturday, August 24, 2013).
- Register for classes (Tuesday, August 27–Friday, August 30, 2013).
- Meet your resident assistant and academic advisor.
- Join a club.
- Get a job (see work-study opportunities in the Career Services office)!
Classes begin 8:00 am on Wednesday, August 28, 2013!
See the 2013–14 Academic Calendar for important dates during the academic year.
Mills Traditions & Special Events
- Wear your class color—green, blue, purple, or red—at different events to show your class spirit!
- Hear about Mills' services at SO Mills: New Student Orientation.
- Learn our school song—Fires of Wisdom—and celebrate with a candle-lighting ceremony during Orientation.
- Read the new student book with your fellow incoming students and discuss with campus leaders and special guests.
- Sip tea with Mills President DeCoudreaux and your new classmates at the new student tea.
- Begin the academic year at Convocation—a formal ceremony to welcome new students and honor graduating seniors and faculty. You wear your class color; alumnae and faculty wear regalia.
- Invite your family and friends to Family Weekend so they can experience your life at Mills.
- Discover all the clubs and activities on campus and connect with Bay Area resources at our block party.
- Attend Reg Fest and learn more about the majors at Mills.
- Contribute to the wall mural in Rothwell Center on Senior Paint Day.
- Learn about the Pearl M pin or the Mills equivalent of a senior class ring awarded to a senior by the Alumnae Association every April at the Pearl M dinner.
- Celebrate Commencement each May on Holmgren Meadow as students receive their degrees.