Water Safety Instructor Class
Prepare yourself for a great job!!
- Learn how to be an effective teacher!
- Improve your own swimming skills!
- Work with kids!
16 years of age by end of class
must pass a swimming skills test
registration deadline: February 15, 2013
Cost: $200, includes all texts and American Red Cross fees.
March 2-21, 2013
- Tuesdays and Thursdays, 4:00–7:00 pm and
- Saturdays, 9:00 am–4:00 pm
Water Safety Instructor Course Registration Form (21k, pdf)
Lifeguarding Instructor Class
Prepare yourself for another great job!!
- Minimum age of 17
- Possess one of the following:
- Current American Red Cross certificate for Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED
- Current American Red Cross certificate for Lifeguarding/First Aid AND either an American Red Cross certificate for CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer or CPR/AED for Lifeguards.
- Successfully complete the 2.5 hour On-line Session for the Lifeguarding Instructor course to the prior to the first class meeting. When you register you will be given directions for accessing this website.
- Bring whistle and pocket masks.
Registration Deadline: January 14, 2013
Next Class: January 19-21, 2013
Class Meets: 8:00 am-4:00 pm all three days
Lifeguarding Instructor Course Registration Form (21k, pdf)
Contact Carol Berendsen, 510.430.3351, Trefethen Aquatic Center, Mills College, 5000 MacArthur Blvd., Oakland, CA 94613 or email: email@example.com