The Center for Socially Responsible Business (CSRB) at Mills College in Oakland, CA is a hub of ideas, people, resources and possibilities. All come together to create knowledge and practice around building profitable, sustainable organizations that solve social and environmental problems. As part of the Lorry I. Lokey Graduate School of Business, the Center engages in a variety of activities that promote our students’ and outside partners’ education as socially responsible leaders.
- Conduct original research for corporate and not-for-profit clients that help them understand and further their own social and financial strategies more effectively.
- Create learning opportunities for our MBA students to grow their business expertise in social responsibility and as leaders in social enterprises.
- Partner with local social enterprises and support organizations to deliver conferences, workshops, classes and other events, both at Mills College, and in the community.
- Bring together and connect people and organizations to build a strong social enterprise ecosystem in Oakland and the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Publish research, news and reports that enhance the global conversation about organizations striving to make a strong financial return while they have a positive social or environmental impact.
For information about upcoming events, our programs, and lots of content that helps social enterprises improve their financial and social impact, please check out our external website.
Mark your calendars now!
Friday, March 14, 2014
6th Annual Spring Conference
We are happy to announce the theme of our Annual Spring Conference, and the keynote speaker!
Achieving Social Impact: To Scale or Not To Scale.
Our keynote speaker for the day will be Nikki Silvestri, Founder and Executive Director of Green for All in Oakland.
The dilemma of whether to scale or not to scale will eventually confront every organization seeking social impact—be they for-profit, hybrid, non-profit, and public sector. Bringing together diverse perspectives and experiences, we will explore strategies for maximizing impact while considering questions of breadth, depth, reach, and size of the organization and its offerings. Join us to learn how leading organizations are creatively navigating this dilemma. For more information, and to reserve your ticket, go to our conference website.
Early Bird tickets end March 1st!
Visit us online at our student blog, The Soulful MBA, and on our Net Impact Facebook page.
The Center for Socially Responsible Business is made possible through a generous grant from the Elfenworks Foundation.