Addressing Mail | Receiving Packages
Hold Mail and Re-Mail Services
Sending Packages | Copying Services | Fax Services
ASMC Mail Services
Print out a Copy Service Request Form
The main information number for Mills College is 510.430.2255. You may call this number for a directory of campus phone numbers for faculty and staff and other general numbers.
All calls for students are handled in the following manner:
We never give out any personal or home numbers to callers.
For students in the residence halls, we will forward the caller to the receptionist in your residence hall. She should have a record of your instructions about whether you want calls transferred to your individual extension or a message taken.
For off campus students, we will inform them that you don't live on campus.
If it is an emergency, we will transfer them to the Dean of Students office, where they will take a message and try to contact you.
Addressing Mail and Packages
To ensure delivery of mail, residential students' mail must be addressed as follows (for example):
5000 MacArthur Blvd.
Oakland, CA 94613-1301
- Only residential students may receive packages at the Mail and Copy Center.
- The Mail and Copy Center will contact you by email when your package has been processed and is available for pick-up.
- Tracking packages sent by UPS or FedEx can be done via the carriers' websites:
- If the result of tracking shows that your package has been delivered and you have not received an email, it means your package has not been processed.
- You must present a Mills ID to pick up packages— NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Packages may be picked up Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 4:30 pm.
- Mills College is not responsible for any lost or damaged items, perishables, or packages that require refrigeration. It is your responsibility to refuse or file claims for packages that arrive open or damaged.
- Please notify the Mail and Copy Center if you are expecting insured items, important documents, or packages that need special handling.
- Students residing in Underwood Apartments must notify the Mail and Copy Center of individuals residing with them, if those individuals will also be receiving packages.
- Two weeks before the end of each semester, please contact the Mail and Copy Center for packages that may be available for pick-up. If you are expecting packages to arrive at Mills after the end of the semester, you must inform Mail and Copy Center staff of any arrangements for their pick-up, or we will return your package. Only packages sent through USPS may be forwarded to a new address; UPS and FedEx do not forward packages, and they will be returned.
- Please ship your boxes for the fall semester to arrive two weeks before you do. Pack boxes that you will be able to move easily because hand trucks may not always be available. You are responsible for transporting the boxes to your room.
Hold Mail and Re-Mail Services
Hold Mail Service Form
The Mail and Copy Center offers fee-based hold mail services for a maximum of three months. When you will be returning in the fall, complete this form to have your mail held at the Mail and Copy Center over the summer.
Re-Mail Service Form (Mail Forwarding)
The Mail and Copy Center offers fee-based temporary and permanent re-mailing services. When you will be returning in the fall, complete this form to have your mail forwarded to you over the summer. When you move off campus or leave the College, complete this form to have your mail forwarded to you for six months to give you time to notify your correspondents of your new address. At the end of six months, we will return your mail to sender so they know that you didn't receive it.
The Mail and Copy Center provides fee-based mailing/shipping services via the United States Postal Service (USPS), FedEx, and UPS. Pick up times for those carriers are as follows:
- USPS—3:00 pm and 4:00 pm (for the blue bin outside)
- UPS—9:30 am
- Federal Express—2:00 pm
At the end of the academic year, we will post instructions in the residence halls about shipping your items home. Pack boxes that you will be able to move easily because hand trucks may not always be available. You are responsible for transporting the boxes from your room to the Mail and Copy Center at Rothwell Center.
The Mail and Copy Center provides full-color and black and white printing and copying services in sizes up to 11” x 17”, and stocks a variety of specialty papers in many colors and weights, including carbonless paper. Other copy services available include laminating, binding, collating, cutting, folding, padding and stapling. Service fees are posted at the Mail and Copy Center.
Copy orders generally require 24 hours to complete. When you place your order, the Mail and Copy Center will provide you with the expected lead time for completion of your order. Print out a Copy Service Request Form.
The Mail and Copy Center provides fee-based fax services on campus where you can send and receive local, domestic and international faxes. When you send a fax, a complimentary fax cover sheet is provided for you, as well as a printed confirmation for your records that your fax has been sent.
If you are receiving a fax, please ask the sender of your fax to include your name and phone number on it. Faxes will be kept for one week and then shredded. Fax service fees are posted at the Mail and Copy Center. Fax number: 510.430.3314.
Mail Services for ASMC Clubs
The Treasurer of ASMC will be able to tell you if your club has a budget for sending out mail. If so, you can complete a postal form in Sage Hall with your club's account number and the mail will be posted here and the cost charged to your club account. Mail should be brought to Sage Hall by 2:00 pm to be posted that day. Please notify us if you're doing an extra large mailing (several boxes of mail).
Incoming Club mail will be sorted into the Division of Student Life box in Sage Hall.