For alternative transportation please visit 511.org.
Mills Shuttle will not operate Spring Break: March 23–27, 2015. Regular service will resume Saturday, March 28, 2015.
During the academic year, a current schedule is also posted at the campus shuttle stop inside the shuttle information case.
Advise driver upon boarding if you need to go to Kaiser Hospital. You will need to call 510.430.5555 to schedule a return pickup. The gatehouse will advise the driver to pick you up on their next run. At times you may experience a wait at Kaiser Hospital due to heavy traffic or other factors beyond our control. If preferred, contact Friendly Cab at 510.536.3000 and have the ride billed to your student account. (Vouchers are at the security gatehouse.)
If the bus is running late, contact the Gatehouse at 510.430.5555 for schedule updates.
Please follow us on Twitter @DPSMills for service updates. This includes additional holiday and weekend service, delays of more than 30 minutes, mechanical issues and traffic-related schedule updates.
Mills Shuttle Schedule
Subject to change
Mills College to UC Berkeley
Board bus at Richards Road near Olin Library. Drop off at Rockridge Bart; final stop at UCB Sproul Plaza at Bancroft and Telegrah.
UC Berkeley to Mills College
Board bus at UCB Sproul Plaza at corner of Bancroft and Telegraph Avenue. Pickup at Rockridge Bart (wait on west side of College Avenue near Ac Transit stop).
Mills College shuttle staff will make every effort to ensure that the shuttle operates according to schedule. However, if the shuttle service is disrupted due to unforeseen circumstances, Mills College will not be responsible for providing alternative transportation. The same is true if the shuttle is at maximum capacity and cannot let additional riders board due to seat capacity. We are governed by the Department of Transportation and the California Highway Patrol who state that we may only transport 44 riders at a time. You should be prepared with an alternative transportation plan should the shuttle be unavailable or if it is at maximum capacity. Call 511 for AC Transit information, or contact 510.430.5555 Public Safety for schedule updates.
Ticket Purchase location
Cashier/Sage Hall: Monday–Friday, 9:30 am–1:00 pm and 2:00 pm–3:30 pm.
Drivers do not accept cash.
- No pets are allowed on the shuttle, except service animals (i.e., guide dogs).
- Shuttles are equipped with a bike rack for two bikes per run.
- For the safety and security of our passengers, persons who are unruly or create a disturbance will not be allowed to ride the shuttle. If the shuttle is moving and a disturbance occurs, the offender will be asked to disembark at the next scheduled stop.
- Please be courteous and polite to the driver and fellow riders.
- Always comply with the shuttle driver's request. Their primary responsibility is your safety.
- Shuttles are often crowded. Please make room on your seat for other passengers. You are not permitted to save seats for others who are not on the shuttle at that moment.
- Do not bring large packages and/or bags on the shuttle that need storage on a seat designated for another rider or need to be stored in the aisle.
- Always wait for your turn to board the shuttle. Never push ahead of others waiting to gain access to the shuttle.
- Please be considerate and keep noise levels down. Be mindful of how loud you are playing personal electronic devices such as iPods and laptops.
Parking and Transportation is pleased to provide shuttle rentals on a first come, first served basis (college purposes only).
Due to the limited number of shuttle buses, all reservations are contingent upon driver and vehicle availability. For your convenience, our fleet is specially equipped with two (2) accessible buses. Please indicate need for wheelchair lifts or special accommodations upon making your reservation.
One reservation per service date/tour is required. Departments may submit a single request for multiple buses en route to a common destination. Reserving party must provide all necessary and appropriate directions, maps, admission, parking fees and itineraries upon submission.
Service charges are calculated at a flat hourly rate per bus, which includes driver compensation, toll(s) and mileage charges.
To secure a shuttle bus for your department, please email email@example.com
and provide the following information with your reservation request: Travel Date: Pre-trip
: (determined by contract agency)
Departure Time: Destination: Return Time: Number of Guests: Mills Contact: