Your Mills College password gives you access to a variety of resources through the Mills Portal. If you are a current student, faculty or staff member, your password also gives you access to a range of other services, including your Mills email account*, access to campus computers as well as connecting your personal computer to the Mills College network.
Below are the steps to create your password for the first time or even reset it if you have forgotten it.
- From the Mills College homepage, click on the 'Portal' tab in the lower right corner.
- Click on the 'I need my username or password' link.
- Enter either your Banner ID number (e.g. B00123456), your social security number, your Mills username or your Alumnae email address, and click 'Next.'
- When you click 'Next' on the new page displayed, an email will be sent to your personal, non-Mills email account.
- Please Note: If you don't have a personal, non-Mills email account on file with the College, or it is out of date, please contact the appropriate department to have it added or updated:
- Access your personal email account and open the email from Mills College.
- Click on the link provided to set your password. The link will only be valid for 48 hours.
- Please Note: If you do not see the email from Mills College in your personal email inbox, first check your spam folder. If you do not receive the email, please contact the ITS Helpdesk for assistance.
*You must use the Mills Portal to update your email password. Any password changes made directly in Gmail will be overwritten by our system.
For assistance, please contact the Information Technology Helpdesk at 510.430.2005, email email@example.com, or submit a request at helpdesk.mills.edu.