Please follow these 6 steps to complete the self-guided computer orientation:
- Set Your Password for the First Time
- Visit the Mills Portal - Gateway to Campus Resources
- Register for the Emergency Notification Service
- Check Your New Email Account
- Using Google Drive for Personal File Storage
- Learn Student Lab Locations and Lab Rules
1. Set Your Password For The First Time
Your Mills College password gives access to a variety of resources through Mills Resource Portal and access to computers on campus.
- Open a Web browser, navigate to the Mills College homepage (www.mills.edu), and click on the 'Portal' tab in the lower right corner.
- Click on the link 'I need my username or password'.
- Enter either your social security number or your Banner ID number (e.g. B00123456), and hit 'Next'.
- When you click 'Next' on the new page displayed, an email will be sent to your personal non-Mills email account. If you only have Mills listed you will need to contact the M Center to have your personal email address added.
- Use the Web browser to access your personal email. Open the email from Mills College. Click on the link provided to set your password.
- The link will only be valid for 48 hours.
- If you do not see the email from Mills College, first check your spam folder. If the email is not there, please contact the M Center to verify that Mills College has your correct personal email address.
- If your email address is correct but the email does not arrive, please contact the IT Helpdesk at (510)430-2005.
Please continue to step 2.