Please follow these 6 steps to complete the self-guided computer orientation:
- Set Your Password for the First Time
- Visit the Mills Portal - Gateway to Campus Resources
- Register for the Emergency Notification Service
- Check Your New Email Account
- Connect to MyFiles for Personal File Storage
- Learn Student Lab Locations and Lab Rules
1. Set Your Password For The First Time
Your Mills College password gives access to a variety of resources through Mills Resource Portal and access to computers on campus.
- Open a Web browser, navigate to the Mills College homepage (www.mills.edu), and click on the 'Portal' tab in the lower right corner.
- Click on the 'I need my username or password' link.
- Enter either your social security number or your Banner ID number (e.g. B00123456), and hit 'Next'.
- When you click 'Next' on the new page displayed, an email will be sent to your personal non-Mills email account. If you only have Mills listed you will need to contact the M Center to have your personal email address added.
- Use the Web browser to access your personal email. Open the email from Mills College. Click on the link provided to set your password. Please note that the link will only be valid for 48 hours.
Please note that if you do not see the email from Mills College, first check your spam folder. If the email is not there, please contact the M Center to verify that Mills College has your correct personal email address.
Please continue to step 2.