WELCOME TO MILLS
Congratulations on your admission to Mills College! We believe the best way to decide if Mills is the best fit for you is to visit the campus and spend some time with us. The transition from high school or community college student to enrolling at Mills is exciting. We are here to help guide you through the process.
For Fall 2015 Semester Admitted Students
Visit the Campus
- Arrange a visit to campus for an Admitted Student Information Session and Tour from March 30th - May 1st.
- Attend an Admitted Student Area Reception to meet Admissions Counselors and Mills alumnae.
- Register for the Admitted Student Preview Day on Saturday, April 11th.
Next Steps to Enroll
- Check your Application Status Page regularly for updates.
- Send in your enrollment deposit. You may pay your enrollment deposit online at www.mills.edu/enroll (you'll need your Mills Portal login information), or you can mail in a check with the enrollment card included in your acceptance packet.
- Follow the Office of Undergraduate Admissions on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Get to know our current students by following their Student Blog.
After You've Enrolled
- Activate your Mills computing account and complete the Mills "Self-Guided Computer Orientation."
- Attend Advising Day to register for your fall classes on May 20th or June 6th.
- Apply for housing by June 1st.
- Submit your final high school or college transcripts.
- Complete all Financial Aid requirements outlined in your Financial Aid Award Letter.
- Review our medical insurance requirements and enroll or waive the College's Student Health Plan.
- Submit your Fall 2015 semester tuition payment by August 1st.
- Take your placement exams online for English, math, science, or language, if appropriate.
- Submit a digital photo for your student identification card.
- Plan your trip to Mills and pack!
Orientation (Saturday, August 22, 2015–Tuesday, August 25, 2015)
- Move in to your residence hall (beginning 9:00 am on Saturday, August 22, 2015).
- Finalize your course schedule (Tuesday, August 25–Friday, August 28, 2015).
- Meet your resident assistant and academic advisor.
- Attend the Community Action Fair to join a club or organization.
- Apply for a work study job during the Work Study Job Fair.
Classes begin 8:00 am on Wednesday, August 26, 2015!
See the Academic Calendar for important dates during the academic year.
Mills Traditions & Special Events
- Wear your class color—green, blue, purple, or red—at different events to show your class spirit!
- Hear about Mills' services at SO Mills: New Student Orientation.
- Learn our school song—Fires of Wisdom—and celebrate with a candle-lighting ceremony during Orientation.
- Read the new student book with your fellow incoming students and discuss with campus leaders and special guests.
- Sip tea with Mills President DeCoudreaux and your new classmates at the new student tea.
- Begin the academic year at Convocation—a formal ceremony to welcome new students and honor graduating seniors and faculty. You wear your class color; alumnae and faculty wear regalia.
- Discover all the clubs and activities on campus and connect with Bay Area resources at our block party.
- Attend Reg Fest and learn more about the majors at Mills.
- Contribute to the wall mural in Rothwell Center on Senior Paint Day.
- Learn about the Pearl M pin or the Mills equivalent of a senior class ring awarded to a senior by the Alumnae Association every April at the Pearl M dinner.
- Celebrate Commencement each May on Holmgren Meadow as students receive their degrees.