The Career Services Office at the Lorry I. Lokey School of Business and Public Policy offers a variety of activities to facilitate an effective job search and career management process. We offer personalized services ranging from one-on-one career counseling to help with resume writing and interview preparation.
The Career Services staff helps Lokey School students identify and articulate their career goals and effectively prepare themselves for the job search process. We develop partnerships with employers in the for-profit, nonprofit, and governmental sectors so that our students have access to resources for career information, mentoring, and networking.
Scope of Services
Lokey School students are offered a full complement of services including:
- Individual and small group career advising on all aspects of career management and job search strategies
- Workshops covering topics such as job search strategies, resume and cover letter writing, interviewing skills, and networking techniques
- Mock interviews
- Career panels
- Employer, internship, and fellowship information sessions
- Access to alumni/ae and other networking contacts
- Guidance in evaluating job offers
- Resource library
- Opportunities to attend campus-wide career events and internship/fellowship fairs
- Support in attending outside events and conferences
Lokey School graduates embark on a wide range of career paths. In recent years, these industries have been the most popular:
- Consulting/Professional Services
- High Tech/Telecom
Nearly one-third of our alumnae/i enter the nonprofit sector, much higher than the average (6%) for business schools. View a sample list of employers who hire Mills MBA graduates.