The Center for Socially Responsible Business (CSRB) at Mills College in Oakland, CA is a hub of ideas, people, resources and possibilities. All come together to create knowledge and practice around building profitable, sustainable organizations that solve social and environmental problems. As part of the Lorry I. Lokey School of Business and Public Policy, the Center engages in a variety of activities that promote our students’ and outside partners’ education as socially responsible leaders.
- Conduct original research for corporate and not-for-profit clients that help them understand and further their own social and financial strategies more effectively.
- Create learning opportunities for our MBA students to grow their business expertise in social responsibility and as leaders in social enterprises.
- Partner with local social enterprises and support organizations to deliver conferences, workshops, classes and other events, both at Mills College, and in the community.
- Bring together and connect people and organizations to build a strong social enterprise ecosystem in Oakland and the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Publish research, news and reports that enhance the global conversation about organizations striving to make a strong financial return while they have a positive social or environmental impact.
For information about upcoming events, our programs, and lots of content that helps social enterprises improve their financial and social impact, please check out our external website.
Mark your calendars now!
Friday, March 10, 2017
9th Annual Spring Conference
Visit us online at our student blog, The Soulful MBA, and on our Net Impact Facebook page.
The Center for Socially Responsible Business is made possible through a generous grant from the Elfenworks Foundation.