Summer Bridge Programs at Mills
We offer four summer bridge programs designed to help undergraduate students successfully
begin and complete their academic journey at Mills. Whether you're the first in your
family to attend college, a passionate science or math student, or transferring from
a local community college, we have an option that may be right for you. Each program
is thoughtfully curated to ensure that you connect with people at Mills who can help
you, discover resources that aid you in accomplishing your academic and career goals,
and build a nurturing community that will cheer you on throughout your Mills experience.
- Admitted undergraduate students who meet specific criteria may be invited to participate
in a bridge program.
- All program courses, workshops, co-curricular activities, housing, and meals are provided
at no cost to invited students.
- Summer bridge programs range in length from two days to three weeks.
- Students in residential programs will live on campus in a Mills residence hall for
the duration of the program.
- Programs will provide important foundational learning and skills for academic success
through engaging courses and workshops and activities outside of the classroom.
- Social events and community-building activities will help students connect and become
fully immersed in college life.
- Students will meet and work with professors, new classmates, and campus staff in preparation
for their first semester at Mills.
The Mills Promise Leadership Academy
We offer a two-day, one-night residential experience to prepare students from our local Mills Promise partner school districts to succeed
Summer Academic Workshop
Our Summer Academic Workshop (SAW) is a three-week residential program that prepares first-generation, first-year college students to thrive as leaders
and scholars at Mills.
Hellman Science & Math Program
This three-week residential program is for first-year students with a passion for science and/or math who will benefit
from a hands-on introduction to college-level lab work and ongoing support during
the academic year.
Transfer Summer Bridge Program
For fall 2020, the new MPOWERED for Transfer Summer Bridge Program is a four-day optional online experience designed to help new transfer students transition to Mills and successfully complete
their bachelor's degrees.