“Mills is the only school I know of where the first priority is YOU. Every detail focuses on giving you the education you need to achieve your dreams.”Laurel George Nelson '00
After You’ve Enrolled
You’ve made a great decision to enroll at Mills. Next up comes the excitement of charting your academic course (with help from a Mills professor), registering for your classes, and choosing where you'll live.
The Path Ahead
|December||Enrollment Deposit and Housing Deposit|
|December||Remote Advising and Early Summer Registration|
|December||Educational Cost Planning and Preparation|
|January||Student Orientation and Admitted Student “Extra Credit”|
Enrollment Deposit & Housing Deposit
Once you have submitted your enrollment deposit you are eligible to apply for on-campus housing. Learn more about your housing options, then log in to the Mills Portal to apply online.
Remote Advising & Early Summer Registration
Students who have submitted their enrollment deposit are invited to participate in remote advising and early summer registration. You’ll be able to schedule an appointment in the month of June and the first two weeks in August with an academic advisor to discuss your educational goals, possible major(s), and register for classes. Prior to your appointment, you’ll receive an email with instructions on how to search for preferred courses, review course requirements, and register online for approved courses.
Advising & Registration in 5 Easy Steps
- Visit the Advising Appointment Page for First Year Students or for Transfers. Select your area of academic interest to view available appointment dates and times and register for an advising appointment. *
- Review your confirmation email for appointment details and instructions on how to search for available courses and register for classes online. Need help? Log in to check out these step-by-step videos.
- Set a reminder on your personal calendar.
- Prepare for your appointment by visiting Areas of Study and the course schedule to review the course requirements of each major of interest and the upcoming semester course options.
- Register for classes during or immediately after your advising appointment. Start by visiting the Mills College Portal.
* Please contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions if you do not find a registration appointment that fits your availability. Students that do not participate in remote advising and registration will register during Student Orientation.
Educational Cost Planning & Preparation
Members of our financial aid and student accounts offices will be available to discuss your financial aid in greater detail. Their goal is to answer any question you may have, provide information on the upcoming academic billing cycle, and assist you and your family with the proper setup of your student account. We strongly recommend that all incoming students participate in these discussions. Sign up for an appointment here or contact Student Administrative Services at 510.430.2000.
SO Mills Student Orientation
SO Mills Student Orientation is the start of your life at Mills! You’ll be able to move into your residence hall or pick up your commuter keys. You’ll have an opportunity to connect with your classmates and discover the campus resources that will help you succeed. Settle in and gear up for a dynamic first year! Orientation will be Tuesday, January 17th. Check out the schedule here.
Admitted Student Extra Credit
Here are some bonus items that you can get a jump on now:
- Submit your final high school or college transcripts to the Office of Admissions.
- Schedule an appointment with financial aid to review your student account.
- Complete all financial aid requirements outlined in your financial aid award letter.
- Review our medical insurance requirements and enroll or waive the College’s Student Health Plan.
- Submit your semester tuition payment.
- Submit your student identification card photo.