Elham Arabi recently joined Mills College to provide faculty and departments with
support in instructional design for courses or curricula that is grounded in sound
learning theory and that promotes student learning.
Instructional designers are available to assist faculty with:
- Incorporating proven online design and teaching strategies to advance inclusive excellence
and sense of belonging for first-generation students, students of color, LGBTQ+ students,
and other underrepresented students.
- Utilizing course design plan to develop course content, including learning modules,
activities, assessments, and instructional materials.
- Executing the roles and responsibilities of an online instructor. Analyzing course
data with the instructor to revise and improve student learning outcomes in current
and future course iterations.
- Creating asynchronous digital media content, including segmenting of traditional lecture
content, ensuring its alignment with learning outcomes and learning activities.
- Deploying content on the Canvas learning management system via templates and content
- Creating engaging and effective learning activities and compelling course content.
If you are interested in a departmental consultation, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like a one-on-one consultation, please complete the Assessment of Instructional Design Needs form to specify your needs.