Please follow these 6 steps to complete the self-guided computer orientation:
- Set Your Password for the First Time
- Visit the Mills Portal - Gateway to Campus Resources
- Register for the Emergency Notification Service
- Check Your New Email Account
- Using Google Drive for Personal File Storage
- Learn Student Lab Locations and Lab Rules
2. Visit the Mills Portal - Gateway to Campus Resources
The Mills Portal offers a wide range of services including access to your Mills library account, Mills email (Google Apps for Education), and Blackboard for Mills. myMILLS includes information regarding admissions, registration, financial aid, personal and emergency contact information, student records, Web check-in, enrollment, and loan verification.
- If you have just set your password, you will be at the Portal log in page. If you're not at the Portal log in page, navigate to the Mills College homepage (www.mills.edu), and click on the 'Portal' tab in the lower right corner.
- At the Mills College Portal log in page, use your Banner ID number as your Portal username and the password you just created.
- Click the 'Login' button.
- Once logged in, you will see the Mills College Policy page; to comply, press the 'Accept' button at the bottom of the page.
- Listed in the upper right corner under 'About You' is your Mills username, Banner ID number, and external email address. In the future, you may log into the Portal using your Mills username instead of your Banner ID number.
Please note that your Mills username will be used to access computers on campus, personal Internet access, in addition to the Mills Portal.
Please continue to step 3.